1. links to websites of other providers
Our website may contain links to websites of other providers to which this data protection declaration does not extend. Insofar as the use of the websites of other providers involves the collection, processing or use of personal data, the providers of the respective websites are responsible for the handling of personal data.
2. collection, processing and use of personal data
Personal data is information about factual or personal circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, your name, your telephone number, your address as well as all inventory data that you provide to us during registration and when creating your content. Statistical data, which is collected when you visit our website, for example, and which cannot be directly linked to your person, is not included.
In principle, you can visit Chem2Market without leaving personal data. In some cases, however, we may require such data from you, e.g:
for the free registration
for the publication of content, such as offers and requests
for contact with other Chem2Market users
In order to use these services you must register and provide us with personal data. The input of your personal data for the creation and publication of your content on Chem2Market is voluntary. However, the truthful entry of certain data is mandatory. This includes, for example, your name, contact details, information about your company or products, etc.
Furthermore, we require your personal data for the processing and administration of Chem2Market and for checking the plausibility of the data entered, i.e. for the establishment, content design, processing and modification of the contractual relationship with you regarding the use of the Chem2Market offer, and for any inquiries.
By registering online, you agree to the publication of the contents you have entered on Chem2Market for the purpose of fulfilling the contract.
During the use of the Chem2Market service by registered users, we collect data for statistical reasons to ensure the smooth functioning of Chem2Market and for display to other users. This includes in particular:
The personal data you provide during registration is used by us to generate business contacts, for internal administration, for newsletter subscriptions and to send you information material. Chem2Market does not make the data available for use by third parties and does not sell the data to third parties. Your first and last name and the contact details you have published will only be passed on to other Chem2Market members within the scope of contact generation. Your login data remain confidential at all times.
Chem2Market allows the creation of content, such as product offers and requests. Please note that after publication, your data will be visible to all other Chem2Market members and can be found via search engines on the Internet and (shortened) on other partner platforms in order to increase your accessibility for potential business partners. Therefore, please take care to make personal data (e.g. names) in Chem2Market forms and file uploads etc. anonymous within your content.
Membership, payment information, correspondence and access
Chem2Market stores data about your membership, your payment information (including electronic invoices) for the use of payable services within the Chem2Market offer, as well as all contacts you make with other users via Chem2Market and all correspondence you have with Chem2Market. Access is logged and evaluated.
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (hereinafter: DSGVO).
3. transfer of personal data to third parties
All data that you have sent us will of course be treated confidentially. Outside of the business purpose, we do not make your data available to third parties for use, unless the transfer serves the purpose of arranging business contacts or is necessary within the scope of fulfilling the contract or we are obliged to disclose this data, for example due to legal or official orders. In particular, Chem2Market is entitled to transfer your billing data to the third parties charged with collecting the fee, insofar as it is necessary for this purpose.
All Chem2Market employees, subcontractors and partners have been trained to maintain data confidentiality. Chem2Market therefore undertakes to observe the statutory data protection regulations, in particular the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Act on Data Protection for Teleservices (Telemedia Law).
4. log files
When visiting the Chem2Market offer, our servers temporarily store each access in a log file. Chem2Market uses this log data (logs) in an anonymized form (i.e. without allocation or reference to your person) for statistical analysis, troubleshooting, better understanding of user needs and the resulting product optimization. Chem2Market does not link the page impressions and uses stored in the server log to individual persons.
Chem2Market reserves the right to subsequently check logs via the last known IP address in individual cases if, based on certain facts, there is a suspicion that the Chem2Market offer is being used in violation of the law or the contract.
5. e-mail and other communication
It is also possible to contact us via the e-mail address provided and/or a contact mask, in particular to request a sample / offer and/or to ask questions about products. In this case your personal data transmitted with the e-mail and/or contact mask will be collected and processed in order to process your request. Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties. As soon as your data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was processed, it will be deleted. The legal basis for the processing of the data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail or an inquiry via the contact form is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If the e-mail contact or the use of the contact form is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
If you activate the "Remember login" function when you log in, a cookie will be permanently stored on your computer. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. If you share your computer with others, you should make sure to log out after each session.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message appears every time you receive a new cookie. You can also set your browser to accept cookies only if you agree to this. Normally, the Help function in the menu bar of your web browser will show you how to reject new cookies and how to deactivate existing ones.
Please note that deactivating cookies may mean that you will not be able to use all functions of the Chem2Market offer. The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies to optimize user-friendliness is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
7. use of Social Media and Google Analytics
On our pages are integrated plugins of the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. You can recognize the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo or the "Like-Button" ("Like") on our page. An overview of the Facebook plugins can be found here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. When you visit our pages, the plugin establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Facebook thereby receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address.
Functions of the Twitter service are integrated on our pages. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc, 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. By using Twitter and the "Re-Tweet" function, the websites you visit are linked to your Twitter account and made known to other users. Data is also transferred to Twitter in the process.
You can change your privacy settings on Twitter in the account settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
However, in the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before this happens. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage for the website operator.
8. technical precautions to protect your data
We use technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the data you provide us from accidental or intentional manipulation, destruction, access by unauthorized persons or loss. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. However, despite regular checks, complete protection against all risks is not possible.
9. your rights as a person concerned
You are entitled to the following rights based on Art. 15-22 DSGVO. In order to ensure a speedy processing of your request, please contact our data protection officer. Of course you can also contact other employees of the responsible person directly. Our data protection officer or our employee will examine your request and, if required, take the necessary steps.
(1) Right to confirmation: As a data subject, you have the right to obtain confirmation from the controller as to whether your personal data are being processed.
(2) Right to information: As a data subject, you have the right to obtain at any time and free of charge from the data controller information concerning your personal data and, if applicable in your case and unless you already have the information, the following information:
- the purposes of processing;
- the categories of personal data being processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular in the case of recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- if possible, the envisaged duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
- the existence of a right of rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you or of a right of opposition to or limitation of the processing by the controller;
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: any available information on the origin of the data;
- the existence of automated decision making, including profiling, in accordance with Article 22 (1) and (4) of the DPA and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject.
In the event of transfer of your data to a third country (non-EU countries only) or international organization, you have the right to obtain information on any adequacy decision taken by the European Commission regarding the appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer to these countries.
(3) Right of rectification: As a data subject, you have the right to request that incorrect personal data concerning you be corrected without delay. Furthermore, taking into account the purposes of the processing, you can request the completion of incomplete personal data - also by means of a supplementary declaration.
(4) Right of deletion ("right to be forgotten"): As a data subject, you have the right to request the controller to delete your personal data immediately.
In the following cases, we are obliged by law to delete your data without delay insofar as processing is not necessary:
- the personal data has been collected or otherwise processed for purposes for which it is no longer necessary;
- you revoke your consent on which the processing was based and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- you object to the processing and there are no legitimate overriding reasons for processing;
- the personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- deletion is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under European or national law to which the controller is subject;
- the personal data has been collected in relation to information society services offered, in accordance with art. 8 para. 1 of the DPA.
If your data has been made public by us and we, as the data controller, are obliged to delete them in accordance with art. 17 para. 1 DSGVO, we will take appropriate measures, including technical measures, to inform other data controllers who process the published personal data that you, as the data subject, have requested the deletion of all links to these your data or of copies or replications of your data. This applies only insofar as the processing is not necessary.
(5) Right to limitation of processing: You have the right to request limitation of processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- if you have disputed the accuracy of the personal data, the processing may be limited for the duration of the verification of the accuracy of the data;
- if the processing is unlawful and you as a data subject object to the deletion of the personal data and request instead the restriction of the use of the personal data;
- if we, as the data controller, no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you, as the data subject, need them for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
- if you as a data subject have lodged an objection to the processing and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons given by the controller outweigh those given by you as a data subject.
(6) Right to data transferability: As a data subject, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You also have the right to have your data transferred to another controller without hindrance by us, provided that the processing is based on consent and by means of automated processing and as far as technically feasible. This right does not apply if the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
(7) Right of objection: As a data subject, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for reasons relating to your particular situation. If you object to the processing, we will no longer process your data unless we can prove compelling reasons for processing worthy of protection that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the continued processing serves the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. You are also free to exercise your right of objection in connection with the use of information society services by means of automated procedures involving technical specifications.
(8) Automatic decision making including profiling: As a data subject, you have the fundamental right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) which produces legal effects vis-à-vis you or significantly affects you in a similar way. However, we would like to point out that as a responsible company we do not use any technical measures for automated decision-making (including profiling measures).
(9) Right to withdraw your consent to data processing: As a data subject, you have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time. This does not affect data processing that has taken place up to the time of consent. The revocation will be effective for the future. With the receipt of the revocation of consent, your personal data will be deleted.
(10) name and address of the responsible persons
is responsible in terms of the DSGVO and national data protection laws of the EU member states as well as other data protection regulations:
Dr. Christiane Strasse
Tel.: +49 (0)40/ 80796010