Artichoke is a member of the milk thistle family. It grows to a height of about 2 m and produces a large, violet-green flower head. The flower petals and fleshy flower bottoms are eaten as a vegetable throughout the world. The artichoke was used as a food and medicine by the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans; in Rome. Artichoke has been used in traditional medicine for centuries as a specific liver and gallbladder remedy. In Europe, it is also used for liver and gallbladder disorders; in several countries, standardized herbal drugs are manufactured and sold as prescription drugs for high cholesterol and digestive and liver disorders.
1. Artichoke powder can help to ease upset stomach symptoms,treat dyspepsia,prevent constipation.
2. Artichoke powder can reduce blood fat and anti-atherosclerosis,prevent cardiovascular disease.
3. Artichoke powder has antioxidant,protecting liver and promoting liver regeneration.
4. Artichoke powder has anti-microbial activity,antifungal activity.
1. Artichoke powder applied in food ,beverage additives field.
2. Artichoke powder applied in health supplement.