Konjac is a plant that is found in China, Japan and Indonesia. The plant is part of the genus Amorphophallus. Typically, it thrives in the warmer regions of Asia. The extract of the Konjac root is referred to as Glucomannan. Glucomannan is a fiber-like substance traditionally used in food recipes, but now it is utilized as an alternative means of weight loss. Along with this benefit, konjac extract contains other benefits for the rest of the body as well.
1. It can wide bowel aperient ,remove intestinal waste;
2. It could control appetite and reduce body weight.
3. It have lowering blood sugar, blood lipid and blood pressure.
4. It could control insulin resistant syndrome and diabetesII development.
5. It could reduce angiocardiopathy.
1. Food industry: It could be made out to gelling food, used as the food thickening agent and adherence agent such as the jelly ,ice cream, gruel, meat, flour food, solid drink, jam, etc.
2. Health care industry : It does good at modulating lipid metabolism , declining serum triglyceride and cholesterol, improving sugar resistance, preventing diabetes, relieving constipation,producing no energy, preventing fatness ,modulating immunity function.
3. Chemical industry: It could be applied to the chemical industry such as petroleum, dye printing cataplasm, terra film, diaper, medicine capsule, etc due to it’s high viscidity, good fluidity and big molecular weight of 200,000 up to 2,000,000.