Horsetail (Equistum ArvenseL) an herbal remedy dating back to at least ancient Roman and Greek medicine, was used traditionally to stop bleeding, heal ulcers and wounds, and treat tuberculosis and kidney problems. The name Equisetum is derived from the Latin roots equus, meaning "horse," and seta, meaning "bristle." Horsetail has been used for centuries in many parts of the world as a diuretic and to relieve minor urinary tract infections and for the treatment of kidney stones. Horsetail is also used to treat gastric ulcers and profuse (heavy) menstruation. Since it is one of the plants with the highest content of silica, it is used to slow down the process of osteoporosis (it is thought that silica strengthens bone), as well as to strengthen brittle fingernails.
1. Horsetail extract has a good action on diuresis.
2. Horsetail extract can be used in relieving the pain caused by liver disease .
3. Horsetail extract can be a treatment of vomiting blood , cough, asthma and gonorrhea.
4. Horsetail extract is also used to stop the bleeding of wounds and promote rapid healing.
5. Horsetail extract is a folk remedy for kidney and bladder troubles, arthritis, bleeding ulcers, and tuberculosis.
*Applied in health-care products field.
*Applied in pharmaceutical field.
*Applied in the food field.