Sesame Seed Extract Sesamin benefits the body as a whole, especially the liver, kidney, spleen and stomach. Its high oil content lubricates the intestines and nourishes all the internal viscera. It also blackens one's hair, especially the black sesame. Hence, it is applied to white hair, habitual constipation, and insufficient lactation. Sesame oil is also helpful in treating intestinal worms like ascaris, tapeworm, etc.
1. Antioxidant: Sesamin helps protect blood vessels by scavenging free radicals and ensuring efficient nutrient and oxygen delivery for healthy brain function.
2. Antihypertensive: Sesamin induces nitric oxide and decreases endothelin-1 production in HUVECs, possible implications for its antihypertensive effect.
3. Provide liver protection against alcohol and improve liver function
4. Decrease cholesterol levels, while increasing high density lipoprotein (HDL aka "good cholesterol") levels
6. Skin problem: The experiments in rats show that sesamin can inhibit the growth of SC (skin cancer) cell. It can protect skin from UV rays.
(1) Applied in food field, senna tea is widely used to treat constipation.
(2) Applied in health product field, added into health products to relaxing the bowels.
(3) Applied in pharmaceutical field, for the treatment of acute pancreatitis, bacillary dysentery and cholecystitis