Giant knotweed extract polydatin is the glycoside of resveratrol originally isolated from the Chinese herb Polygonum cuspidatum. The polydatin has been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation and elevate the ratios of LDL-C/HDL-C and TC/HDL-C. Myocardial cell, white blood cell, vascular smooth muscle cell, and endothelial cell studies report that polydatin can inhibit ICAM-1 expression, elevate Ca2+, weaken white blood cell-endothelial cell adhesion, and activate KATP channels.
1. Polydatin can used to anticancer;
2. Polydatin has effect on cardiovascular system;
3. Polydatin own the nourishing and protecting liver;
4. Polydatin has the useage of antibacterial and antifungal;
5. Polydatin has impact on the metabolism of osseous issue;
6. Polydatin own the effective of ntioxidant and quench free-radicals.
Studies suggest that the giant knotweed extract polydatin has anti-atherosclerotic activity and that it might have some immune-stimulating and anti-cancer effects. Human studies are few in number and inconclusive due to short duration and poor design.