Colchicine is an ancient remedy for the treatment of articular pain. Use of Colchicum alkaloid for the treatment of acute gout occurred as early as 1810, and reports of its medicinal value exist from the first century AD. Colchicine is the preferred agent in the treatment of acute gouty arthritis. Colchicine treats joint pain and swelling due to gout. Colchicine also helps to prevent gout and gouty attacks. Colchicine relieves pain and reduces the inflammation of acute gouty arthritis. Generic colchicine tablets are available.
1. It is anti-gout, anti-tumor, inhibiting the mitotic cell stopping in M phase.
2. It has the significant effects on breast cancer, cervical cancer, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, gastric cancer and chronic myelogenous leukemia.
3. It also can be used for acute gout, anti-inflammatory analgesic.
4. In recent years ,furtherly expand its clinical application, for example:to prevent atherosclerosis damage; to cure the liver cirrhosis; to relief the cycle heat caused by abnormal catecholamine, the Behcet's disease; the lumbar disc herniation, intractable waist pain and sciatica; prevent intestine adhesion.
5. In addition, its used as the treatment of Purple epilepsy caused thrombocytopenia;Persistent apophysis erythema;Advanced schistosomiasis;
6. Moreover, using colchicine three can get the polyploidy,so Colchicine is indispensable in chromosome research.