Piperine is an alkaloid that gives black pepper (Piper nigrum) its flavor. It is slightly soluble in water and highly soluble in alcohol, chloroform and ether. Piperine has a long history of use in some types of traditional medicine. Its primary commercial use is in modern herbal medicine and insecticides.
1.It has the function of anti-convulsion;
2.It has the function of treatment for arthritis, rheumatism and skin disease or wound healing;
3. It has the function of losing weight, its ability to increase in the metabolic rate of the body;
4. It has the function of clearing heat and diuretic, expectorant, sedative and analgestic;
5. It has the function of treating acute conjunctivitis, bronchitis, gastritis, enteritis and urinary stones;
6. It has the function of enhancing immunity and supporting the intestinal absorption of nutrients
1. It is mainly used in food field;
2. It is mainly used in pharmaceutical field;
3. It is mainly used in health product industry;
4. It is mainly used in cosmetic industry;
5. It is also used as a pesticide.