Apigenin is a polyphenol, and is one of the flavonoids found in many of the foods consumed by humans. Technically, it is a flavone with three OH groups on it. This compound is being widely studied for its anti-cancer properties. In particular, it has some anti-tumor properties that some other flavonoids lack. Many fruits and vegetables contain this compound. It is reported to be at especially high levels in celery, parsley, Chinese cabbage, and bell peppers. Fruits that contain this flavonoid include cherries, apples, and grapes. It is also found in wine and tea, including chamomile.
1. Apigenin has Antiviral effect
2. Apigenin treat all kinds of inflammation
3. Apigenin is MAP kinase inhibitors.
4. Apigenin has Antioxidants,calm the nerves effect;
5. Apigenin has lowering blood pressure effect.
1. Applied in food field;
2. Applied in health product field;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field.