Genipin is a chemical compound found in gardenia fruit extract. It is an aglycone derived from an iridoidglycoside called geniposide present in fruit of Gardenia jasminoides. Genipin is an excellent natural cross-linker for proteins, collagen, gelatin, and chitosan cross-linking. It has a low acute toxicity, with LD50 i.v. 382 mg/kg in mice, therefore, much less toxic than glutaraldehyde and many other commonly used synthetic cross-linking reagents. Furthermore, genipin can be used as a regulating agent for drug delivery, as the raw material for gardenia blue pigment preparation, and as the intermediate for alkaloidsyntheses.
1. Genipin can inhibit gastric secretion and reduce pancreatic amylase;
2. Genipin can effectively reduce internal heat;
3. Genipin is helpful to eliminate the worries;
4. Genipin is effective to reduce blood pressure,at the same time, Genipin powder able remove toxins;
1. Genipin can be used in healthy product industry;
2. Genipin can be used in pharmaceutical field.