The plant bitter melon belongs to the gourd and is known as a bitter melon. Bitter melon grows in tropical and subtropical regions, including parts of East Africa, Asia The continent, the Caribbean and South America are both food and medicine in these areas. It can produce beautiful flowers and thorns. The fruit of the plant is the same as its name - it tastes bitter. Although bitter melon seeds, leaves and vines are available, the fruit is the safest and most widely used of the plant's medicinal parts. The SAP and fruit or seeds of its leaves are used as insect repellents.
1. Charantin may cure effectively diabetes mellitus
2. It has antiviral function and delays cataract or retinopathy attack.
3. Charantin enhances human immunity.
4. It cure also cold, influenza and psoriasis.
1. Applied in food field, adding hops when brewing beer, due to its volatile oil so it has fragrant odor, and having antiseptic effect;
2. Applied in health product field, to be made into capsule can effective relieve the tension of menopause, upset, anxiety and other symptoms;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, for the treatment of acute tuberculous exudative pleurisy, tuberculosis and tuberculoid leprosy.