Rhizoma Chuanxiong is a perennial herb with massive fist-like rhizomes of brown colour and irregular shape. Its erect stems are quite thin and tender, but they can reach the height of about 1 meter. The leaves resemble those of a carrot or parsley: feathery pinnate with multiple leaflets. The small flowers, gathered in umbels, bloom from July to August and are pollinated by insects.
Appearance: Brown fine powder
Specification: 10:1, 20:1
Part of Used: Root
1. Expel wind and relieve pain
2. Activate blood and circulate Qi
3. Expand artery, strenghen boold flow, reduce boold presure, inhibit thrombosis
4. Eliminate wrinkle and scar, whiten skin, and nourish hair
5. Antiradiation and bacteriostasis
6. Treat coronary heart disease and angina pectoris
7. Treat headache, rheumatism and arthralgia: .
8. Gynecological diseases-menoxenia, amenorrhoea, dysmenorrhea, dystocia and postpartum abdominal pain.
1. Applied in food field, chuanxiong ducks have therapeutic effect to female blood-insufficiency and dizziness;
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it can be made into capsules or oral liquid on the treatment of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease;
3. Applied in cosmetic field, chuanxiong is aslo made of shampoo so as to prevent hair loss and white hair, and have the treatment effect on headache.