Resveratrol is a naturally occurring phytoalexin produced by some higher plants in response to injury or fungal infection. Phytoalexins are chemical substances produced by plants as a defense against infection by pathogenic microorganisms, such as fungi. Alexin is from the Greek, meaning to ward off or to protect. Resveratrol may also have alexin-like activity for humans. Epidemiological, in vitro and animal studies suggest that a high resveretrol intake is associated with a reduced incidence of cardiovascular disease, and a reduced risk for cancer.
1. Antioxidation, has the function of delaying aging and resisting fatigue;
2. Arrest the proliferation of malicious cell, which will prevent arthritis and other diseases;
3. Adjusting cholesterol and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease;
4. Inhibiting platelet aggregation and reduceing the risk of heart disease;
1. Applied in food field;
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field;
3. Applied in cosmetic field.