Rutin is a flavanoid extracted from dried flower buds of Sophora Japonica Extract, also called Rutoside, Vitamin P, quercetin-3-rutinoside. It is vital in its ability to increase the strength of the capillaries and to regulate their permeability. Rutin is essential for the proper absorption and use of Vitamin C and prevents Vitamin C from being destroyed in the body by oxidation. Rutin is beneficial in hypertension. It helps the body utilize vitamin C, supports blood vessel integrity, promotes a healthy inflammation response and assists Vitamin C in keeping collagen in healthy condition.It is also used in food industry as a pigment.
1. Rutin may modulate the respiratory burst of neutrophils;
2. Rutin is a phenolic antioxidant and has been demonstrated to scavenge superoxide radicals;
3. Rutin can promotes circulation, stimulate bile production, help to lower blood cholesterol,and prevent cataracts;
4. Rutin is a bioflavonoid. It can enhance the absorption of Vitamin C; help to relieve pain, bumps and bruises and has an antibacterial effect;
5. Rutin can chelate metal ions, such as ferrous cations. Ferrous cations are involved in the so-called Fenton reaction, which generates reactive oxygen species.
(1). Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is usually made into tablets, capsule and granule to warm the kidney, strengthen the spleen and enhance human immunity.
(2). Applied in food field, it is mainly used in kinds of beverage, liquor and foods to enhance human immunity and anti-aging.