Elderberry is a genus of between 5 and 30 species of shrubs or small trees, formerly placed in the honeysuckle family, Caprifoliaceae, but now shown by genetic evidence to be correctly classified in the moschatel family, Adoxaceae. The genus is native in temperate-to-subtropical regions of both the Northern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere. Elderberry extract is derived from the fruit of the Sambucus nigra or Black Elder. As a part of a long tradition of herbal remedies and traditional folk medicines, the black elder tree is called "the medicine chest of the common people" and its flowers, berries, leaves, bark, and even roots have all been used for their healing properties for centuries. Elderberry extract contains many important nutrients for health, such as vitamins A, B and C, flavonoids, tannins, carotenoids, and amino acids.
1. Elderberry extract is used to prevent the cardiovascular diseases;
2. Elderberry extract has long been used to boost the immune system
3. Elderberry extract has the usage of quench free radical, antioxidant, and anti-aging;
4. Elderberry extract with a treatment for mild inflammation of the mucous membranes of mouth and throat;
5. Elderberry extract owns a treatment for diarrhea, enteritis, urethritis, cystitis and virosis rheum epidemic, with its antiphlogistic and bactericidal action;
6. Elderberry extract will protect and regenerate retinal purple, and cure patients with eye diseases such as pigmentosa, retinitis, glaucoma, and myopia, etc.
1. Applied in food field.
2. Applied in health product field.
3. Applied in cosmetics field.