Other Name: Vegetable Spinach Powder
Part Used: Whole Herb
Appearance: Green Powder
Specification: Straight Powder
Active Ingredient: Beta carotene/Iron
Storage: Stored in a cool and dry well closed container and in ventilated area,
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is an edible flowering plant in the family of Amaranthaceae. It is native to central and southwestern Asia. It is an annual plant (rarely biennial), which grows to a height of up to 30 cm. Spinach may survive over winter in temperate regions. The leaves are alternate, simple, ovate to triangular-based, very variable in size from about 2–30 cm long and 1–15 cm broad, with larger leaves at the base of the plant and small leaves higher on the flowering stem. The flowers are inconspicuous, yellow-green, 3–4 mm diameter, maturing into a small, hard, dry, lumpy fruit cluster 5–10 mm across containing several seeds.
Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants, especially when fresh, steamed, or quickly boiled. It is a rich source of vitamin A (and especially high in lutein), vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, folate, betaine, iron, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid, copper, protein, phosphorus, zinc, niacin, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids. Recently, opioid peptides called rubiscolins have also been found in spinach.
1. Cure astriction and prevent saint fiacre's disease. Spinach contains plenty of vegetable fiber. It can promote intestinal tract peristalsis and good to defecation; It also can promote pancreas to excrete to help digest. It can be used to cure saint fiacre's disease, chronic pancreatitis, astriction and anal cleft etc.
2. Promote growing development and enhance disease resistance. The carotene can become to be vitamin A in the body and maintain the health of the eyes and epithelium.
3. Guarantee nourishments to improve body health. It contains lots of nourishments such as carotene, vitamin C & E calcium, phosphor, coenzyme Q10 etc. The Fe contained by spinach can help to cure Fe-lack anaemia.
4. Promote metabolism,skin cleaning and anti-aging.
5. It has nourishing blood,hemostasis function.
Applied in Pharmaceutical health care products, Nutritional Supplements, infant food, solid beverage, dairy products, instant food, snack food, spice, middle-aged and old food, baking food, snack food, cold food cold drinks, etc.
Certificate of Analysis
|Part used||Whole herb||Complies||Visual|
|Odor & Taste||Characteristic||Characteristic||Organoleptic|
|Appearance||red fine powder||Complies||Visual|
|Mesh size||100% pass 80 mesh||Complies||80 Mesh Screen|
|Loss on drying||5.0% Max||4.13%||5g/105℃/2hrs|
|Total plate count||1000cfu/g Max||Complies||AOAC|
|Yeast & Mold||100cfu/g Max||Complies||AOAC|