Sclareol is a fragrant chemical compound found in clary sage (Salvia sclarea), from which it derives its name. It is classified as a bicyclic diterpene alcohol. It is an amber colored solid with a sweet, balsamic scent. Sclareol is used as a fragrance in cosmetics and perfumes and as flavoring in food. Sclareol and other similar substances may be prepared from sclareolide. Sclareol is also able to kill human leukemic cells and colon cancer cells by apoptosis.
1. Enhancing immunity and the ability of antivirus and infection.
2. Anti-aging, anti-oxidant, antifatigue, adjusting cerebral nervous system, enhancing hematopoietic function and promoting metabolism.
3. Protecting hematopoietic function of marrow, improving the ability of hepatic detoxifcatio and promoting. Restoration of hepatic tissue.
4. Preventing and treating coronary heart disease, climacteric syndrome, diabetes, high blood pressure, anemia, etc.
5. Preventing cancer, activating normal cell and improving the blood circulation.
1. Applied in food field, mainly to be used as food additives;
2. Applied in health product field, as a male health products to increase sexual powers;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it can treat various types of male impotence and sexual dysfunction.